The site located in Tuy Son village, Hoai Son commune, Hoai Nhon district, is known as Go Gach, where contests to build towers were organised by the people of Champa, according to historical documents.
Ancient bricks measuring 12cm by 25cm by 7cm, soft and red in colour covering a black core, were found at the site. The bricks, which comprise of coarse sand and plants, were baked at low temperature. This was typical kind of brick used by the Cham people to build towers.
Broken pieces of terracotta and ceramic jars dating back to the 19th century were also found.
Scientists believed that the site hosted a small building dated back to the Champa kingdom era (192-1832).