|Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the closing session (Source: VNA)
The Party Central Committee also debated a report on the socio-economic situation and state budget in 2019, the socio-economic development and state budget plan for 2020 and a number of other important issues.
Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong chaired and delivered opening and closing speeches at the meeting.
1. The Party Central Committee discussed and gave opinions on draft reports to be submitted to the 13th National Party Congress: The draft Political Report; the draft report on the 10-year implementation of the Platform on national construction during the transitional period to socialism (revised and supplemented in 2011); the draft report summarising the implementation of the socio-economic strategy in the 2011-2020 period and the building of a socio-economic development strategy for the 2021-2030 period; the draft report reviewing the outcomes of implementing the socio-economic development tasks in the 2016-2020 period and socio-economic development orientations and tasks for the 2021-2025 period; and the draft report reviewing the implementation of Party building work and enforcement of the Party Statute of the 12th term.
The Party Central Committee assigned the Political Bureau, based on the opinions discussed by the Party Central Committee and the Political Bureau’s report on acquirement and explanation, to complete the aforesaid draft documents for the deployment of next steps.
The Party Central Committee agreed to propose the 13th National Party Congress maintain the current Party Statute (not supplemented, revised); and assign the Political Bureau to acquire opinions of the Party Central Committee and suggestions from party committees at all levels and party organizations to adjust through regulations and instructions of the Party Central Committee, Political Bureau and Secretariat.
2. The Party Central Committee debated and gave ideas on the report on the socio-economic situation and the implementation of state budget in 2019; the socio-economic development plan for 2020; state budget estimate for 2020 and the finance-budget plan for 2020-2022.
The Party Central Committee entrusted the Political Bureau, based on the opinions discussed by the Party Central Committee and the Political Bureau’s report on acquirement and explanation, to complete the documents and issue conclusions; and instruct the Government’s Party Civil Affairs Committee to complete the report for submission to the 8th session of the 14th National Assembly for consideration and decision.
3. The Party Central Committee considered, discussed and put forth suggestions to documents: a report on the Political Bureau’s settlement of important issues since the 10th plenary meeting of the 12th Party Central Committee and a report on the party finance work in 2018.
4. The Party Central Committee elected four more members of the 12th Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission; considered and decided to expel Nguyen Bac Son, former member of the 10th-tenure Party Central Committee and former deputy head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education; and Truong Minh Tuan, member of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee, deputy head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education, former Secretary of the Party Civil Affairs Committee and former Minister of Information and Communications from the Party.
5. The Party Central Committee called on the entire Party, people and army to strengthen solidarity and unity, uphold the important and comprehensive achievements gained in the first nine months of 2019; spare no efforts to overcome difficulties and challenges; resolutely and persistently struggle to firmly safeguard the country’s independence, sovereignty, unification and territorial integrity; firmly maintain the peaceful and stable environment; accomplish the targets and tasks set for 2019-2020 and the whole tenure of the 12th National Party Congress; and successfully organize party congresses at all levels towards the 13th National Party Congress.