The regional vote was originally launched on March 30, with the best destinations going on to represent the Asian region as they compete for the global awards.
For this year’s prizes, the country as a collective has been nominated for the following 10 titles:
1. Asia’s Leading Destination 2021
2. Asia’s Leading Heritage Destination 2021
3. Asia’s Leading Cultural Destination 2021
4. Asia’s Leading Nature Destination 2021 (Vietnam)
5. Asia’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination 2021 (Vietnam)
6. Asia’s Leading Tourist Board 2021 (Vietnam)
7. Asia’s Leading Youth Travel Destination 2021 (Vietnam)
8. Asia’s Leading City Break Destination 2021 (Hanoi)
9. Asia’s Leading Cultural City Destination 2021 (Hoi An)
10. Asia’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2021 (Ha Long Bay)
In previous versions of the competition, Vietnam led the Asian region in three main categories, including heritage, culture, and culinary in both 2019 and 2020.
Following the launch of the voting process, the VNAT remains keen to encourage everyone to vote in the main categories, including Asia’s Leading Destination, along with Asia’s Leading Heritage and Cultural Destination. This is in addition to voting for Hanoi as Asia’s Leading City Break Destination and Hoi An as Asia’s Leading Cultural City Destination.
In order to vote, participants can simply visit https://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote before polls close on August 16.
First established in 1993, the WTA sets out with the aim of acknowledging, rewarding, and celebrating excellence throughout all key sectors of the travel, tourism, and hospitality industries. In addition, the annual awards have developed into the leading globally recognised hallmark of industry excellence, subsequently being dubbed as “the Oscars of Travel and Tourism” by the Wall Street Journal, with the latest version marking the 28th edition of the awards.