VOV.VN - The local administration of Da Nang city, central Vietnam, has locked down An Don industrial park after more than 30 people tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus on May 11 evening.
All these people had close contact with a woman working at the IP’s Call Centre, who has already been confirmed as a COVID-19 patient, said a representative of the local administration.
Nineteen people reside in Son Tra district, and the remainder in other districts in Da Nang, said the representative.
These cases are labelled as suspected and they need additional tests for confirmation.
Hearing about test results, Son Tra district’s authorities moved to cordon off the IP and a number of neighbouring houses that provide catering services for the IP’s employees.
The Son Tra District Health Centre began conducting extensive testing for more than 700 people, including 500 employees right at night.
Earlier the same day, the Da Nang Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control announced a COVID-19 case at An Don IP in Son Tra district.
The female patient, who works for the IP’s Call Centre, was diagnosed with the virus on May 11 after showing virus-like symptoms such as a fever and fatigue.
The source of infection remains unknown, according to local epidemiologists.
Relevant forces have identified nearly 200 people in direct and indirect contact with the patient. They have also disinfected the IP and the patient’s residence.
Da Nang has so far recorded 60 coronavirus cases since the virus recurred in Vietnam on April 28.