Thai firms to invest in thermal power plant in Quang Tri

Three leading energy businesses of Thailand recently signed a joint deal to develop the Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant in Vietnam.

Local media reported that Egco Group, Egat International and Ratch Group signed the agreement on September 16 with Egat International holding a 40% stake in the plant and Egco Group and Ratch Group equally dividing the remaining 60%.

The coal-fired Quang Tri 1 plant, located in Hai Lang district of the central province of Quang Tri, will have an installed capacity of 1,320 megawatts.

It is expected to go into commercial operation by 2025, and the generated electricity will be sold to Vietnam under a long-term power purchase agreement.

Related

Work commences on Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant
Work commences on Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant

A ground-breaking ceremony has been held to kick off construction of the 1,320-megawatt Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant, located in the central province of Quang Tri.

Work commences on Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant

Work commences on Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant

A ground-breaking ceremony has been held to kick off construction of the 1,320-megawatt Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant, located in the central province of Quang Tri.

Inauguration ceremony held for Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant
Inauguration ceremony held for Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant

VOV.VN - Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh attended the inauguration ceremony of the Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Plant on September 21 at the Vinh Tan Power Centre in the central province of Binh Thuan.

Inauguration ceremony held for Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant

Inauguration ceremony held for Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant

VOV.VN - Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh attended the inauguration ceremony of the Vinh Tan 4 Thermal Power Plant on September 21 at the Vinh Tan Power Centre in the central province of Binh Thuan.