VOV.VN - A huge fire broke out in a 3-storey bedding shop near Vinh Tuy Bridge in Hanoi on May 10, causing the death of an elderly woman.
|According to initial information, the fire started at around 6:30am in a house located at 29 Dam Quang Trung Street in Hanoi’s Long Bien district.|
The fire spewed flames and thick clouds of black smoke into the sky.
|Upon receiving reports of the blaze, firefighters and fire engines arrived at the scene to battle the flames.|
|It took them just under an hour to bring the fire under complete control.|
|According to local witnesses, seven people were trapped in the house at the time of the fire.|
|Six of them were rescued, while an elderly woman died.|
|Local authorities carried the victim’s body out of the house.|
|The entire property suffered fire damage.|
|The adjacent building was also affected by the blaze.|
|A number of large gas cylinders were found at the scene.|
|According to Chairman of Long Bien Ward's People's Committee, Nguyen Ngoc Phan, the bedding store had been fined for the illegal sale of low quality gas in 2017 but their illegal trading activity had continued. The Ward provided monetary support of VND10 million to cover costs of the victim’s funeral.|