Hanoi prepares for high school entrance exams amid pandemic

More than 93,000 students in Hanoi are set to take the high school entrance exams this weekend and measures are in place to ensure COVID-19 safety.

Speaking at an online conference on June 10, Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh noted that the pandemic situation is largely under control and the city’s officials are confident in the safety of the students taking the exams.

The city has employed more than 14,500 education officials, teachers and staff for the exams and all 30 districts across the city are well-prepared. Social distancing protocols have been set up and drills have been conducted to ensure students are properly distanced during the exams. 

Vice Chairman of the municipal People Committee Chu Xuan Dung asked those in charge of all 184 exam sites to ensure there is ample supply of sanitiser, to provide guidance for students and to stay in touch with parents on exam days. 

Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Health Hoang Duc Hanh said the newly discovered cluster in Dong Anh district is proving to be complicated as a number of positive cases are shop owners who may have been in contact with a large number of people.

The department has set up testing centres in the district to screen the local population for the virus. 

Industrial complexes in Dong Anh district and neighbouring Me Linh have been told to stay vigilant and step up their efforts to enforce strict social distancing and sanitising factories and workshops. 

So far, more than 700 samples have been collected from people related to the cluster, while two exam sites in the district have already been moved. The district has also asked for all education workers who serve on-site to be tested for the virus prior to the exams.

The city’s authorities have asked all students to finish their health declaration forms online before June 11.

Add new comment