69 more COVID-19 deaths confirmed in HCM City coronavirus hotspot

VOV.VN - Ho Chi Minh City, the largest coronavirus hotspot in Vietnam, has registered an additional 69 COVID-19 deaths to the national database.

The figure was unveiled at a COVID-19 meeting in HCM City on July 14.

The municipal administration reported that the city had recorded a total of 130 COVID-19 deaths, with 48 cases announced by the Ministry of Health.  

Of the remaining cases, 69 had been added to the national database as of 05.00am on July 15. These cases were sporadically documented from June 7, 2021 to July 15, 2021.

The HCM City Department of Health said the city has registered an additional 22 fatalities as of 06.00pm on July 15.

However, the Ministry of Health said these cases are yet to be updated in its database, and it would make public the results as soon as it receives specific data.

COVID-19 has claimed 172 lives in Vietnam during the latest coronavirus outbreak, and 207 lives in total since the virus attacked the nation last year.

Vietnam is battling with the fourth coronavirus outbreak, with the virus spreading to 58 out of all 63 cities and provinces nationwide. More than 34,000 locally transmitted cases have been detected, mostly in southern localities.