VOV.VN - Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia Prak Sokhonn is scheduled to arrive in Hanoi on March 20 for a three-day official visit to Vietnam at the invitation of Vietnamese Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son.
The two Foreign Ministers will also co-chair the 20th meeting of the Vietnam – Cambodia Joint Commission on Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Technological Cooperation in Hanoi.
The visit takes place at a time when the neighbourly and friendly relationship and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Cambodia has developed strongly and yielded positive results.
The two sides have maintained regular reciprocal visit exchanges to work out measures to foster bilateral cooperation.
Vietnam is currently Cambodia’s third largest trading partner globally and largest trading partner in Southeast Asia. Two-way trade last year rose nearly 11% compared to 2021 to US$10.57 billion.
At present Vietnam has 198 valid projects capitalised at US$2.97 billion in Cambodia, ranking first among Southeast Asian investors and fifth among global investor in the country.
The two sides have completed 84% of the workload of the land border marker planting project, and are now working on the remaining 16%.
In addition, bilateral cooperation in the fields of education-training, science-technology, tourism and people-to-people exchanges has been maintained and boosted.
The 20th meeting of the Vietnam – Cambodia Joint Commission on Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Technological Cooperation is set to exchange orientations and measures to ramp up comprehensive and stable cooperation between the two countries.