|There are more than 400 tourists left stranded in Da Nang
The two planes will transport tourists who have desired to return to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, said Nguyen Thu Thuy, head of the Municipal Tourism Department’s Office.
The department has proposed that Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City instruct relevant agencies to receive the aircraft in compliance with regulations on COVID-19 prevention and control.
“The deadline for registration is not later than 17.30hrs August 5, and the city will not deal with any cases that miss the deadline,” Thuy said.
At the August 2 Cabinet meeting, the Prime Minister agreed with Da Nang’s proposal to evacuate the remaining number of tourists stranded in the city to their hometowns.
Da Nang had earlier planned to bring them home by land, but the option was not feasible as many localities have established check-points to tighten control over COVID-19.
“Those visitors who live near Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City can take the plane and consider other means of transport to come home,” Thuy added. “Those living in localities without an airport will be subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine period in Da Nang, and will then look for appropriate transport to come home.”