|The Ministry of Health has developed quarantine plans for residents in Da Nang city, a coronavirus hotspot in the country
Addressing a Cabinet press briefing in Hanoi on August 3, Deputy Minister of Health Truong Quoc Cuong said the ministry has acknowledged Ho Chi Minh City leaders’ suggestions concerning quarantine work and mapped out its own plans for the Da Nang case.
HCM City Party Committee Secretary Nguyen Thien Nhan recently suggested that Da Nang should apply China’s Wuhan model that is all residents of the locality stay indoors when the epidemic spreads rapidly. Each households either sends only one person out to receive daily food, or food is delivered from door to door.
The Da Nang municipal administration appreciated the idea, saying it is a feasible option especially when concentrated quarantine facilities are overwhelmed.
“The Ministry of Health has made quarantine plans at home and in residential areas, schools, factories and others,” said Deputy Minister of Health Truong Quoc Cuong. “We have developed specific quarantine plans and will immediately implement them as soon as we get the green-light from the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control.”
Da Nang is the hardest hit locality among nine cities and provinces where the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been confirmed so far. The central city alone has recorded 135 out of a total of 195 fresh locally transmitted coronavirus cases.
Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son, who is currently in Da Nang to instruct prevention work, said he will stay there until the outbreak is under control.
Da Nang is putting finishing touches to a field hospital at Tien Son sport complex, and is planning to erect another one at the municipal trade fair and exhibition centre.