VOV.VN - A man died as a result of a fire which engulfed a three-storey house at Ba Diem residential area in Hoc Mon outlying district, Ho Chi Minh City on the afternoon of August 27.
VOV.VN - Four people were injured and 10 automobiles were wrecked in a multi car pile-up as vehicles travelling in both directions on Ho Chi Minh City-Long Thanh Expressway lost their bearings in a thick cloud of smoke on April 3.
VOV.VN - A Ho Chi Minh City man was killed in an early morning house fire on Saturday, September 23, at a house on Cong Hoa Street in the district of Tan Binh, reported local officials.
VOV.VN - A massive 6-alarm fire in the centre of Hanoi has destroyed a karaoke and severely damaged nearby businesses, sending flames and smoke swirling into the mid-day sky, said fire officials on May 4.
An environmental expert has called on the Tien Giang administration to pull the plug on a Taiwan-invested paper project he says may pollute one of the most important waterways in the province as well as the Mekong Delta.
The rice fields on the outskirts of Hanoi are in the summer - autumn crop harvest. Farmers maintain the old routine of burning straw after harvest, creating dust and smoke.
A fire broke out at the headquarters of the Hai Phong Radio-Television Station in the afternoon of June 4, claiming the life of an employee.
The Vietnamese government has recently stubbed out cigarette monopoly producer Vinataba’s self-serving ambitions to rid the local market of popular brands from Indonesia’s Sumatra Tobacco.
Air pollution in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City has risen to alarming levels due to waste, dust and noise pollution, and has affected the health of area residents.
The Ministry of Health and relevant agencies will launch more communications campaigns on legal documents targeting the building of a non-smoking environment, said Luong Ngoc Khue, Director of the Health Ministry’s Administration Department of Medical Services.
(VOV) - Fire-fighters battled a huge fire that gutted five houses with flames and flumes of smoke that were visible throughout many parts of the metropolitan area.
A fire broke out at the Bach Khoa computer store, No. 247 Ly Thuong Kiet street, HCM City late on August 19.
Travellers on Hanoi’s Thang Long Avenue, Vietnam’s longest and most modern road, cannot see the road because of smoke, particularly in the afternoon.
Smoking is one of the primary causes of death and poverty in many countries around the globe, said Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Thien Nhan.
The Ho Chi Minh City Department of Culture, Sport and Tourism has announced a VND3.5 million (US$175) penalty against the organizer of a fashion show held last month for allowing a model to smoke on the runway.
The Moscow skyline of the Kremlin and St. Basil's Cathedral vanished on August 6 as a blanket of thick, noxious smoke shrouded the metropolis, leaving many of the city's 10 million residents with sore throats and burning eyes.