The following is the message in full:
“The Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, the Funeral Board, and the family of General Tran Dai Quang wish to express sincere thanks to:
- Compatriots, comrades;
- Revolutionary veterans;
- Intelligentsia, religious dignitaries;
- Agencies, organisations, localities, units;
- The people’s armed forces;
- The Party organisations, administrations, and people of Hanoi city, Ho Chi Minh City, and Ninh Binh province;
- Diplomatic corps, representatives of international organsations, and international friends;
For sending condolence messages and wreaths, as well as attending the respect-paying ceremonies, memorial services, and burial ceremony of General Tran Dai Quang, member of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam and President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.”
President Tran Dai Quang passed away on September 21 at the age of 62 due to serious illness.
Vietnam observed two days of national mourning for the leader on September 26 and 27.